Saturday, September 25, 2010

Weekly Recap

Seems like it's been forever since last post. It's hard to find time to sit down and write these, but today I have off so I can do it now :)
This past week has been a bit uneventful as now I'm kind of settling down into a routine.
In my Japanese classes I've been busy writing a bunch of tests and reviewing a lot of old grammar of vocab. 2 of my other courses were cancelled this week. Japanese Foreign policy which I would have had on Tuesday and Japanese Business which is on Thursday afternoons. So from that respect it was actually a pretty easy week. On Monday I finally found the time to go to Sakae and buy a cell phone. It was actually surprisingly easy because the Softbank location there has salespeople who spoke pretty good English.
 Later in the week a few of us decided we wanted to go to Karaoke again. We found a location much closer to our dorms, but found out it was a bit more expensive. Regardless we still had a good time. Rocked out to some Linkin Park and Lady Gaga. Good Times :)
On Thursday it was the autumn equinox which Japan celebrates as a national holiday, so i didn't have any classes. We took this opportunity to do some more exploring. Osu Kannon Temple is a large tourist attraction in Nagoya. It doubles as an amazingly huge shopping center that never seems to end. We were there for pretty much the entire afternoon and still didn't come close to seeing all the shops. I'll have to go back at some point.

On Friday I had a pretty long day. Japanese class all morning and then Japanese Econ in the afternoon. After classes I went to a welcome party for the International Friendship Club. Yes I know it sounds very lame but I had a really fun time. Everyone was really out going and it was a great opportunity to practise my Japanese. I even won a prize from the BINGO game we played. It's a funny looking kite named Baby Bat. I decided I'd hang it in my room.
As for this weekend, I need to get caught up with a bunch of stuff. I've been neglecting my Carleton study abroad course this entire month, so that'll be fun to work on XD. I've also been putting off the readings that I need to do for my other courses. It sure feels like my work ethic decided not to come on this trip with me. Who wants to do homework when your in an awesome new country with so much to explore?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment