Sunday, September 5, 2010

Internet Troubles

Finally found a place close by that has internet so I’m finally able to update this thing :P


Guess I’ll start with my second day of orientation. ... Yet again woke up at 4am. This is getting very frustrating and boring as I really have nothing to do in the morning while everyone else is asleep. On the way to the university today I went with one of my fellow roommates named Rene. We’ve been hanging out quite a bit this past week as we have many things in common. After getting off the subway I guess there was some confusion of who actually knew the way we were supposed to go and ended up getting quite lost. We tried asking some police officers for some help, but they couldn’t be bothered to give us a hand. After wondering around for a while we stumbled on the road we needed to be on and got to the university only a few minutes late. The orientation today was centered on what courses we needed to take this semester. I’m thinking about taking Japanese business, econ, foreign policy and political and social issues of Japan.

Also today we applied for our Inkan which we’ll need for our bank accounts. They’re personalized stamps that Japanese people use as their signature.

For dinner tonight Rene and I bought some chicken and veggies and made ourselves a nice stir fry. It was quite tasty :)

Later that night some of my other roommates decided to have some students they’d met at Nanzan over for a party of sorts. It was nice to hang out with a new set of people. They left for a bar around 11 but I didn’t decide to join them. Too tired from my lack of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment