Thursday, September 9, 2010

Field Trip

Yesterday we had the great opportunity to visit a couple historical sites in Nagoya. I was happy to see that my friend, Yukiko, who I'd met last year at Carleton while on exchange from Nanzan was on the trip as well. First we went to the Tokugawa Art Museum. It was very interesting to see all the maps, weapons and armour of the time period. Unfortunately we were running pretty late and only had about an hour to spend there, so we had to rush through.


After the art museum we made our way to Nagoya Castle. It was amazing to see just how huge the castle and surrounding walls were. Seeing as we were late getting to the castle from the art museum we also didn't have much time to spend there.


Today is our official first day of classes. I believe I'll have 3 hours of Japanese every week day from now on. Hopefully this'll dramatically improve my Japanese!

I also took the time to create a short video of what my house looks like and a tour of the inside. Take a minute to watch it if you'd like to see where I'm living. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment