Saturday, May 14, 2011

Nothing to do but be sad? I THINK NOT!

One can only sit in self misery for so long before your sad tale of missed friends, worried family members and fear for growing a third arm become boring and old news.
With this in mind, we decided to plan some fun.
First order of business was a party. Our house was empty of roommates, so what better time would there be to have a huge house party? I think none!
And as for what to call such party, I think our chosen name of "Meltdown Drunk" suited the circumstances quite nicely. It was a great opportunity to have some fun amidst all the bad that was happening. We even created our own "Radiation Cocktail" for the evening. I'm not quite sure what was in it to make it that colour to be honest.

As fun as parties are, doing that every weekend for the rest of the semester was a recipe for failing our courses, so we came up with other stuff to do. Certainly one of my favourite activities that we got up to was heading into the Mie Prefecture to enjoy a day at the Nagashima Spaland. 
Showing our ride bracelets. Ya, we're that cool!

Full of awesome rides, tons of roller coasters, and a butt load of good'ol fun, this was an amazing day. I made it a point of going on every single ride, and left the craziest one for last. The seemingly 100 story high Giga Coaster was almost more than I could handle, if nothing more than the 2 minute clime it took to get to the top...I think I can safely say one of the most terrifying (and of course most fun! ) rides I've been on. 
Seconds before we fell to our doom!!!
30 some odd rides later, a bunch of tasty, bad for us food in our bellies and feet as sore as ever, we headed back to Nagoya, and back to the life we were oh so pleased to get away from if only for a day. All in all, this was by far the most fun I'd had for quite some time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment