Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Busy Wednesday

Today turned out to quite the busy day.
I started out my morning with a nice Skype conversation with Jessica. It’s always a treat when we actually catch each other online at the same time to chat.  After she went to dinner I crammed a bit for a Japanese test I had in an hour or so. It was simple stuff which didn’t require much studying.  Following my test I had a short lesson and then was finished for the day. Every Wednesday will be like this which is very nice.  The CJS (Center for Japanese Studies) had a coffee house today at 1:30 to welcome the new international students, so even though I was finished at around 10:50, I had to stick around.  No complaints though. Hanging out with my friends between classes is probably one of my favourite things to do. It’s wonderful to learn more about where they come from and how much it differs from my own experiences.  When 1:30 finally rolled around we were all excited to go meet some new friends. Once there we were split into 12 different groups, according to our birthdays. This made sure we’d meet new people. The first activity we played had us stand in a circle and have one person say their name and a favourite thing of theirs. Then the person next to them would have to repeat everyone’s information that went before them as well as say their own. I found myself at the end of the circle stuck with the challenge of remembering everyone’s name and favourite thing. I tried my best... The next activity was essentially a massive game of Japanese Jeopardy. It was ok, but I found it extremely difficult to understand the question let alone think of the answer. After all the games we done we had a chance to meet and mingle with everyone and some snacks were served.  I had a good time.
After the coffee house was over a group of about 15 of us decided we’d go to Karaoke. The place we went was in Sakae (Pretty much where everything fun to do is in Nagoya). Never having been to Karaoke before I was a bit reluctant to go, but after being there for a while everyone opened up and we had a really fun time. I found myself singing In The End by Linkin Park. Good times XD Unfortunately I forgot my camera, but I think my friends took some pictures which I’ll share soon.
We left around 5:30 to find a place to eat. My friends had been talking about an English Pub that they had been to a few nights earlier which was pretty close and I loved the idea, so we headed there. I’m sure to everyone’s surprise I ordered fish & chips. It was amazing. I didn’t feel like being out too late so I headed back the subway shortly after the meal. This was really the first time I’d been completely alone far away from my house and I had a good time trying to navigate myself to the right subway platform in a seemingly endless maze of subway lines at Sakae station. I made it home in about 30 minutes and promptly flopped down on my bed.
And well that pretty much sums up my Wednesday. Never would have thought it’d be that busy, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment