Friday, May 20, 2011

Farewell Party

Really? Is it this time already? Where did this semester go...I seriously find it impossibly to believe that it is already this time again. I can still remember last semesters farewell party like it was yesterday. I guess time surely does fly when you're having fun (or worrying about glowing in the shower/discovering a new super power that you have)!
During the weeks leading up to this party, our Senseis had been very eager to have us perform some sort of skill for the party. I tried to resist, but their passive aggressive ways took the better of me, so myself and my friend Adrian agreed to do something for the party.

Left to right, top to bottom-
Basa-San, Adrian, Alanna, Doi-Sensei, Kelsey, Me, Fukutomi-Sensei, Cha-San, Caleb, Mashida-Sensei, You-San, Jenny, Gengu-San, Samantha, Imon-San, Odeileku-San, Tario-San, Deigulu-San, Fukata-San, Inoguchi-Sensei, Joel, Kao-San, Antoni-San  
Now, lets run down what I can do to perform...um, there's juggling, err, I can juggle, and oh yes. juggling. Looks like i'll be juggling...Mind you prior to this I had only ever done this in front of my family and maybe a few friends. As for my friend, well his skills were limited like mine to one area, and that? Playing the Ukulele! Oh I could tell from that point that this was going to be incredibly embarrassing for both of us.
We got together a few times to practice, but lets be honest, there was pretty much zero synchronization in our separate skills, so it usually just ended with a bunch of Japanese people crowding around us taking pictures.
As the morning came, we met one last time for some practice (and a Chuhi!) and proudly (for now) went to the party. I did forget to mention that these farewell parties have a tendency to be overly awkward from the get go. I still remember back to last semester when this fool, Indiana Bob (as we called him) was showing us a type of martial arts when he fell on his back and put his foot through the tea ceremony room door...Then preceded to lay on the ground for a few minutes swearing to himself under his breath...
Adrian and myself were the first act, and got up and performed (kinda?) Of course there is video, so watch and you decide! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment